top of page

Government Assistance


The Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) offers financial assistance for eligible families to pay for child care, allowing parents to focus on work or school knowing their child is in a healthy, caring environment.

What’s the process?

  • Child care may be approved for children ages birth through 12; however, children with disabilities may qualify through age 18. 

  • You may apply at You may also apply by printing and completing the Request for Benefits form and mailing or faxing it to your local OKDHS office.

  • After you submit your request for benefits, you must complete an interview with an DHS worker and answer some additional eligibility questions. 

  • Verification documents will be required each for the following categories: Identify of Applicant, Immigration Status (if child is a Non-Citizen), Earned Income, Other Income (i.e. child support), and Need for Child Care.


For examples of eligible verification documents and answers to other frequently asked questions, please visit the Oklahoma Department of Education.


The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit is a federal tax credit available for eligible taxpayers with childcare costs to assist in reducing your year-end tax liability. You may be able to claim the Child and Dependent Care Credit if you paid expenses for the care of a qualifying child who was under age 13 when the care was provided to enable you to work or actively look for work.

The amount of the credit is a percentage of the amount of work-related expenses you paid to a care provider for the care of a qualifying individual. The percentage depends on your adjusted gross income.

Learn more at Childcare.Gov



A Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) may be provided by your employer which allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars for child care costs for children younger than age 13.

For more information, please visit and ask your employer if this is a service they offer!


If you are a member of the United States military, you may be eligible for Department of Defense child care fee assistance. Members of the Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps may receive help paying for child care providers in the community where they live if they are unable to access care on their installation.

These military child care fee assistance programs are managed by Child Care Aware of America. Military families interested in learning more about the programs can find information on the Child Care Aware of America website. You’ll find details about eligibility, the application process, and program requirements. Click on your branch below to read more on the  Child Care Aware of America website.

Learn more at

bottom of page